MINUTES OF GENERAL MEETING
Held 27/07/17 at Fremantle Navy Club
PRESENT: James & Cathy Sharkey, Ian Critchley, Patrick Moore, Pete Greenfield, Paul Chapman, Brenda Chitty, Alex McKinnon, Brian Thompson, Buster & Charlotte Keating, Karl Campbell.
APOLOGY: Jan Faulks, Tony & Hilary Richards, Peter Godfrey, Gary Foley, Dave Parry, Rattler Morgan, Gail Critchley, Morag Campbell, Mary Anthony,
President James welcomed attenders and called upon Rum Bosun Alex to “Up Spirits”. He then called on Paul Chapman for his lamp swinger.
Paul Chapman chose to forego his tale given the low attendance. He did however share some of the content of his proposed topic for the next meeting and allow members to live in anticipation, it will be “Life in the RN – Tots, Drugs and Alcohol”
- ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES (25/05/17):
Moved: Alex McKinnon: Seconded: Buster Keating: “That the minutes of the general meeting held 25/05/17 be accepted as a true and correct record.” Carried.
3.1 Business arising:
- Black Tot Day lunch (Paul Chapman-Social Report)
- RNC quiz night (Reported in Hoist)
- Visit to Malibu school (Paul Chapman-Social Report)
- Future rum acquisition (Ian Critchley-Secretary Report)
- PRESIDENTS REPORT:
President James reported the present sick list situation with members Peter Godfrey and Mary Anthony, both are on the mend.
James also spoke on the circulated proposal for ‘Management of the Division’ document and asked members to consider the implications of a failure to nominate for management positions. Comments and/or suggestions to the Secretary prior to the September committee meeting.
- SECRETARY’S REPORT:
- Various information emails
- South African Division Newsletter “Masthead”
- Queensland Division Newsletter.
- South Australian Division Newsletter.
- Devonport Division minutes
- Solent Division minutes
- RSLWA Sub-Branch Signal newsletter
- WA Division March Minutes and May Newsletter.
- Inward newsletters & minutes to Division members email list.
- Various information and notification items to members.
- Email to Jimmy Houston re rum supplies and BT Lunch.
· Jimmy Houston will be checking on future Rum supplies
- Ian tabled a number of older Ganges Gazettes passed on by Ken Read, taken by Patrick Moore. He also tabled details of Navy Books (UK) publications passed on by Buster Keating.
6. TREASURERS REPORT:
Treasurer Brenda tabled the Bi-Monthly (25th May to 23rd July) Financial Report.
Balances are: Bank $1812.95, Petty Cash $348.12 and Outstanding $85.
Moved: Buster Keating Seconded: Cathy Sharkey: “That the Treasurers Bi-Monthly Report be accepted as a true and correct record.” Carried.
- With the management outcome at the AGM uncertain, it was suggested, and agreed, that Division subscription invoices will be delayed until after the AGM.
- MEMBERSHIP COORDINATORS REPORT:
- No further contact has been forthcoming from Richard Sims.
- SOCIAL COORDINATOR REPORT:
- All is in hand for the Black Tot Day lunch at FNC on Wednesday 02/07/17
- Paul asked for some indication of who will be attending the Malibu School on Wednesday 16th July, a number of members indicated they would be attending.
- OTHER BUSINESS:
- A request has been received from Rockingham RNA to hold the 2018 Sausage Sizzles on the third Sunday of the even month. This was agreed to in the affirmative by a show of hands.
Raffle master Cathy ran another successful raffle raising $58. Winners were; James Sharkey, Karl Campbell, Peter Greenfield, Peter Greenfield (Redraw) and Charlotte Keating.
Cathy thanked those who had donated prizes but pointed out that the number of prizes available is dwindling and asked members to consider donating further prizes.
- COMING GATHERINGS:
- Visit: Malibu School Wednesday 16th August – 1000 at School
- Social Sausage Sizzle: Sunday 27th August – 1200 at RNC
- Committee: Thursday 21st September – 1200 at FNC
- Division: Thursday 28th September – 1200 at FNC